thrive meal support
Our team at Solstice Point Counseling is providing our Adolescent population with a two-hour process and psychoeducational group to address self-esteem challenges, confidence struggles, and self-image and body image concerns.
By incorporating process with psychoeducation material to educate and boost positive thoughts clients they will begin to see changes in how they perceive themselves and their relationship to food. Our group has been designed with a collaboration of material from a therapeutic and nutritional approach. The group sessions are co-led by a clinical therapist and a registered dietitian simultaneously providing clients with abundant support.
Teen/Adolescent Eating Recovery Group
11 – 17 year olds
Meets Wednesdays 4-6 pm
8 week course
Does this sound like you?
- I like to measure food or calorie count to reduce my anxiety around food.
- I have to plan my food choices around how much I exercise.
- I hate feeling full.
- I have so much guilt around what or how much I eat.
- I hide food in my room.
- People I care about get frustrated with my eating habits.
- I eat alone so no one can comment about my food choices.
- I weigh myself often.
- I purge my food to compensate for overeating.
- I’m scared of certain foods and will never eat them.
- I always overeat and lose control around certain food.
- I look at my body shape and I am never satisfied.
- I try to hide my body by wearing larger clothing sizes.
- I avoid going out to eat or eating with my friends/family.
- I’ve been diagnosed with an eating disorder.
- I want to feel normal around food again.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
"When I first began working with Mieke, depression was like walking with my head down watching my feet take one slow sluggish step after the next. Now It's like I can see the sun, the horizon, what's in front of me and I can run towards life again."
ONE STRONG, TALENTED & AMAZING TEENAGER
"I thought all I had was my eating disorder. Not until I started coming here did I realize that finding me was all about letting go of ED."
an artist & college student
"Eating recovery was the toughest thing I ever created. But I found a lot of the tools I needed by coming here."
a mindful yogi & graduate student
"Working with Mieke and EMDR therapy helped me feel safe again. It?s like telling an old story that no longer has any control over my life."
survivor & mother
For general inquiries, please contact us using the contact information below. For new and existing clients below to request an appointment or setup a time to discuss our services with one of our team members.